The Advantages of Using Biodegradable Plastic Bags
Biodegradable plastic bags are a more environmentally friendly substitute in comparison to using traditional plastic bags. It is designed to decompose faster than traditional plastic bags, and biodegradable plastic bags are just as durable as a traditional plastic bag, which ensures the customers its convenience.
In the modern world, the world is becoming more self-aware about the environment and are choosing more environmentally friendly alternatives. For instance: some people would bring their own bags when they go out shopping and avoid using plastic bags, considering certain shops charge a small fee for customers who didn’t bring along their plastic bags or bags. However, biodegradable plastics have it’s advantages, and is a more environmentally friendly solution compared to regular plastic bags.
Here are some of the advantages of why you should start using biodegradable plastic bags:
1. Biodegradable Plastic Bags are Non-Toxic
- While it is commonly agreed that traditional plastics create pollution to the environment.
- Biodegradable plastics can be decomposed in 18-36 months while a regular plastic bag takes up to at least 500 years to fully decompose.
- Biodegradable plastic bags are safe and do not release toxins during their breakdown process. The biodegradable plastic bags are absorbed and decomposed by the earth soil, bacteria and other living organisms; therefore leaving no trace behind and is safe for the environment.
2. Biodegradable Plastic Bags are Durable and Weatherproof
- Biodegradable plastics are well-known for their durability.
- These bags are less vulnerable to tearing
- Biodegradable plastic bags are also chemical resistant
- Biodegradable plastic bags generally outperform paper or cloth bags when it comes to protecting the contents from water or rainy situations
3. Biodegradable Plastic Bags are Good for Branding and Commercial
- One easy and efficient way to promote one’s business branding is through branding the business name through printing it on plastic bags.
- It is simple and easy to make changes to the design of the plastic bags with the business logo.
4. Biodegradable Plastics Releases Less Carbon
- Traditional plastic bags tend to release four tons of emissions; whereas biodegradable plastics only emit about 0.8 tons of carbon.
- Biodegradable plastics are granted to emit minimal amounts of carbon dioxide into the air while it undergoes manufacturing process.